Thursday, June 24, 2010

Readjusting

Hubby has been home for almost two weeks now. He should have been off work this whole time, but instead was back at work 41 hours after he got off the plane. Nothing surprises me anymore. =)

He is supposed to be off next week, and has promised to take his little men camping. That should be fun for them! I think I will take that opportunity to work on the house a little. I have an itch to demolish the hall bath now that the master bath is finished. =)

We are still in the getting used to each other again phase. I am not the type that just picks back up where things left off. It takes me a while to readjust after he comes home. Not that I'm not happy to see him, I am. Maybe some of you know what I'm talking about. Or, maybe I'm the only one. I don't know and it doesn't matter. That's just the way it is.

But, anyway. Life has been really busy since he has been back. Work last week. 12 hour shifts this week. Boys constantly asking for their daddy. Tons of laundry to wash, sort, and put away. Meals to be planned. You get the idea...life.

So anyway, we are here. Adjusting...loving...talking...playing...being a family again.

Oh, and in other news-Jack indeed did fall down and break his crown last night. The poor kid was climbing on a chair, fell, and hit his head right on the corner of the fireplace. HUGE knot! He screamed for 5 minutes and then went back to playing like nothing has ever happened. He is one tough little cookie!

3 Thoughts from friends:

Banks said...

Yes indeed I feel the same way, ya just feel like your talking to yourself. BUT, keep at it. :)

Kristi said...

Aww...poor Jack. Bless him!

No, you're not the only one who needs to readjust to things. I have seen other military wives say the same thing. And it's ok. Some of us have to do that. I'm a readjuster in certain situations too! :)

~Kristi

Kelly Logan said...

Liz =) Chris heard that the only reason they came home so early is that they needed them home for this exercise so I guess you could look at it as a blessing that he is even home at all in June and not July =) He does look sooo sleepy at church though can't wait for next week for you guys =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin