Sunday, March 14, 2010

One Month Down, ? More to Go

One month has passed since Keith left. We are surviving...some days better than others.

The boys are doing okay. They love seeing Daddy on Skype, and were very excited when a package arrived with new airplanes for each of them. Jackson, of course, is the easiest. He is just too young to understand. Tyler, on the other hand, has his good days and bad days...and quite the active imagination too. He has told people anything from his daddy is in jail, to daddy had a car wreck and is in the hospital, to daddy is being a soldier for Jesus, and on and on. It has been quite embarrassing a few times when he has announced to a complete stranger that his daddy is in jail. Sometimes I explain, sometimes I just smile and walk away.

We are keeping busy; probably a little too busy some days. But it is just so stinkin' lonely here without my BFF. =) I have noticed that I stay up a lot later than normal in order to chat with him, and therefore I have been a lot more tired lately. Now with the time change, I probably will not be staying up to talk to him at night, because it would be around 2 am here when he gets off work now. I think that might be pushing my limits on sleep.

A lot of people have asked when he is coming home. The only answer I have is I don't know. I'm not trying to be vague, I'm being honest. We have heard anything from June to August, but I am just waiting for him to call and tell me he's getting on a plane to come home. That's when I'll believe it. Until then, it's all just a guessing game. I feel like a pawn to the Air Force.

So anyway, here we are. Surviving. Taking life one day at a time. Rejoicing in the goodness of the Lord and looking forward to being reunited as a family.

7 Thoughts from friends:

Flower said...

Hi There! I just stopped by by accident. I clicked "next blog" and began reading your post. Your husband is doing a very brave work and our household thanks him!! He has also given you a lovely home! It's good to stay busy and to rest. I'll be coming back to say "hi" again!! Keep posting...you never know who you will meet!! Have a good evening!!

Willow said...

Hi there, I am related to Flower and came over to your blog at her recommendation. I'm a military mom and mom in law. Please tell your hubby thanks for serving our country!

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul postat de tine. M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place si am sa mai revin sa-l vizitez. O zi buna

Manpreet Sekhon said...

Nice blog
It is realy very interesting.
visit Manpreet Sekhon

Bonnie said...

Hi, there! I found your blog a month or so ago.... Just wanted to comment and let you know that I am praying for you!! May the Lord bless you and your family richly during this time!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praying for you, Liz! I know how hard it is. Hugs!!!

Mya said...

It is understandable that these times are difficult for you and your family. I feel sure that many people are praying each night for OUR military families. The back home families are doing their part, as their spouses are. God be with you and yours.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin