Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rocky Top, You'll Always Be Home Sweet Home To Me

The boys and I are planning a trip to Tennessee soon to see my family. I know many people have never been to Tennessee and often have misconceptions about what it is like. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite things about "home".

The Tennessee River
Sweet Tea

The Smoky Mountains


Barns painted with "See Rock City" everywhere



Driving through beautiful Nashville

Mayfield's dairy products-The Best Ever!


Little Debbie (made just 5 miles from my mom's house)



Krystal's


My hometown


Cade's Cove

If you ever get the change to go to TN, you definitely should. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

11 Thoughts from friends:

BeeBubbaBella said...

We havent tried Krystal's yet and we found Mayfield Ice Cream in Ohio (didn't get to try it) but haven't found it here yet. I'm gonna go hunting for it =)

christy said...

Hey! I found your blog and think it is such a sweet glimpse into your life. I am an ARMY WIFE and am from KY...I understand being far from "home" and then getting the chance to go back to the beauty and warmth of it. There is nothing like being far from your roots and appreciating them.

Love your blog. Keep up the good work!

Tracy said...

I'm from TN too..but it looks like maybe opposite ends ;o} I'm from West TN...It's beautiful and mostly farmland..nothing like the Mountains.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Tennessee is beautiful! I've been through it several times!

chickadeecj said...

How fun! Your favorite things make me soooooooo homesick for Tennessee! Even though I was only there for 4 years, it is seriously one of my favorite places ever :) I LOVE Cade's Cove too,,, used to go on College activities there at least 5 times a semester :)

Crystal said...

I recently toyed with the idea of moving to TN. We ended up not going, but everytime I see pictures of the place, I start to reconsider. Also, I love Krystal's. haha :)

- JustaHousebear

Stephanie said...

Just came across your blog. Are you from Ooltewah? I am from Harrison,Tn (born and raised).My husband and our family are now serving the Lord in Chile. It is a beautiful place here, but I have to say TN is hard to beat. Litle Debbie, Mayfield icecream...YUM!!Enjoyed seeing the pics. Would love to chat sometime.

Stephanie said...

Just came across your blog. Are you from Ooltewah? I am from Harrison,Tn (born and raised).My husband and our family are now serving the Lord in Chile. It is a beautiful place here, but I have to say TN is hard to beat. Litle Debbie, Mayfield icecream...YUM!!Enjoyed seeing the pics. Would love to chat sometime.

Brooke said...

It's nice to see that someone else is trying to change people's first impression of TN as well!
I was born and raised in Bristol, and I always love the drive back whenever we have the chance!
There is just something magic in those Mountains! No wonder it is called "God's Country" :-) Be blessed!

Cove Girl said...

Fun Quiz

Rockabilly Hippie said...

lol you must be from where I live! Thanks for the awesome photos and good words on TN. It's a great place to be from :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin