Friday, February 19, 2010

One of Those Days

Tonight my Facebook status was: "The three year old pushed the one year old off the bed, busting his nose and mouth. The one year old then decided to wipe blood on every surface he could reach. As for me, I see a career in crime scene cleanup in my future."

It has indeed been one of those days!

I don't know why it seems like things always go wrong and life is always more intense when your spouse is away. It probably isn't any different than when they are here. Having somebody else to bear the burden with you just makes it easier.

I miss my husband so much, and he has only been gone less than a week. We have many, many more weeks to go.

The boys are doing okay with the separation, but Tyler is definitely having a hard time. We have been able to Skype with Keith a few times, which is wonderful, but always makes Tyler cry. I guess the reality of seeing Daddy and realizing he isn't here just hits him then. But, we are all surviving. So far, no major catastrophes. =)

We have a busy weekend planned with a surprise birthday party tomorrow afternoon followed by a political rally tomorrow evening. Then on Saturday we have visitation, I do the bulletin for church, and then Saturday night we are having a Valentine's Banquet at church. Another girl whose husband is gone with Keith is going to be my "date". =) Sunday, of course, is church.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I hope we have a relatively quiet weekend as well.

3 Thoughts from friends:

chickadeecj said...

Hey Liz, wow, sounds like you are having a pretty rough week :( AND I know how scary it is to have a bleeding child with blood everywhere,,, just makes you wish you had a "clean" button to push and just walk away! You are always in my thoughts and prayers girl, wish we could be there to share some hugs, hot chocolate and a chat.
Love you! With God, all things are possible :)
christy Mannon ;)

janice said...

Blessings to you during this time of deployment. I hope your church family steps up to the plate and surrounds you with their love.
Blessings from Alaska

Alicia Lang said...

My husband was gone for 16 months to Iraq, I know how you feel, it is so hard. But you will get through! One day at a time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin