Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monday Night Chit-Chat

Whew, it has been a busy few days. I'm tired just thinking about it all.

On Friday afternoon, in a fit of stupidity, I drove down to the local Amish community to pick up a few goodies to mail to my hubby. I had to mail him some shoes anyway (that's another story for another day), so I thought I'd pick up some other things to remind him of home to go with it. I got some Cappuccino Fudge and some Pecan Bars. Dummy me drove all the way to the post office, started packing the box, then realized that it is 90 degrees where my husband is and this stuff will melt all over the place. =( So, I mailed him his shoes and nothing else. Bummer. I certainly did not want that candy sitting around the house, so I packaged it up to give to my secret sister. LOL! That's not technically a re-gift is it?

After all that, we went to the local Mexican restaurant for a surprise 16th birthday party for one of the sweet girls in our church. We love her and her family, they are really good friends. Her dad is called to be a missionary to Chile and they will probably be starting deputation soon. We had a really good time at the party, but it made me sad to be there without Keith. I went home sad. I cried a while, and then I felt a little better.

Saturday was a whirlwind day. I was supposed to go to the Valentine Banquet at church, but I decided to watch a friend's kids instead so that they could go. I wasn't really feeling up to going after being so sad the night before. I ended up combining kids with a pre-teen girl who was babysitting across the street, and together we watched 7 kids and cleaned house for an expectant momma. It was a wild and crazy night, but I really enjoyed getting to know the girls a little better. They made me smile, laugh, and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. =)

Sunday, Praise the Lord, we made it to church on time! A few minutes early even. I will be the first to admit, that getting everybody out the door on Sunday mornings is not my specialty. I have always depended on my husband and his military precision on Sundays. This was our 1st Sunday without him here to help and I was really worried. But, we made it. Church was wonderful, as always. I sat up near the front Sunday morning, which is waaayyyy out of my comfort zone. I am a very happy back row Baptist, but my friend convinced me to move up just this once. =)

Today was also a little on the crazy side. I had a spa party tonight, so all day I spent prepping for that. This morning after Skyping with my honey, I got busy cleaning. Then we had to head to Little China for some supplies. Then we rushed home for nap time and a quick pick up. The party was at 6:00 and lasted until about 8:30. Only 3 of the 9 people I invited were able to come, but that ended up being a good number. If there had been many more people, it would have taken way too long.

It is now technically Tuesday, and I am pooped. I am waiting up to Skype with my honey again and then off to Never Never Land.

Tomorrow is another day. I have no real plans, other than to visit a friend who just had a baby. After that, who knows. Any suggestions?

3 Thoughts from friends:

Kelly Logan said...

Liz that does sound like a busy weekend =) I need to go get some more flour from the amish soon. I am not going to have my husband on friday or saturday we should do something. Well im babysitting vaida on friday 10-4 but after that I am free...well if u call having the 3 little ones "free"...lol/j/k

Anonymous said...

You are a very smart person!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, cooL! WIsh we lived that close to an Amish community. Sorry you weren't able to send it to him. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin