Friday, June 12, 2009

One Day to Live

Image

Had I but one day to live,
One day to love, one day to give,
One day to work and watch and raise
My voice to God in joyous praise,
One day to succor those in need,
Pour healing balm on hearts that bleed,
Or wipe the tears from sorrow's face,
And hearten those in sad disgrace-
I'd spend, O God, much time with Thee
That Thou might'st plan my day for me.
Most earnestly I'd seek to know
The way that Thou would'st have me go,
For Thou alone can see the heart-
Thou knowest man's most inward part.
--Alice Muir


I read this poem in a book today (The Steps of A Good Man by Eldon Martens) and it was a great blessing to me. I pray that my heart's desires would be to wholly please the Master. I hope you all enjoyed this poem as well.


Have a great weekend!

7 Thoughts from friends:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I love the poem!

jesnicole said...

Really good one! :)

Rachel Smith said...

What a touching poem!

I read back a few posts. It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. Cute boys!

50s Housewife said...

Wonderful poem!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Very good poem.

Anonymous said...

I was curious to know if you happen to live close to St. Louis area? I do. I was just curious to see if you did to have a play date.

Manuela said...

How true and wonderful this poem is. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin