Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teething, Sneezing, Contracting, Nesting, and Praising

Life seems to be in somewhat of a whirlwind state these days. I spend most of my time making sure the necessities are taken care of, and that's about it. My head is spinning with things I need to do, but by the time I go to do something I forget what I was going to do. We've all been there, right? Lists have become my friend here lately. Without them I don't think anything would get accomplished.

Here's a little jumbled bloggy slop for your reading pleasure.

-Teething. The boy is getting 4 teeth right now and he is definitely having a hard time with these. Teething in the past hasn't been too terrible, but this time it really seems to be bothering him. He is not eating or sleeping well, and is just all around much more cranky than normal.

-Sneezing. Tyler and Keith are both getting a cold. Poor babies. I hope I don't get it. I didn't remember this until they started getting sick, but I got a really bad cold right before Tyler was born which made it so hard to breathe. I remember thinking there was no way I would be able to have a baby while I was that sick. I got over it just in time though.

-Contracting. Oh yes I am. A lot. And it hurts. Every night since Sunday I have been having contractions that last anywhere from an hour to three hours, but then they go away on their own. I didn't have any contractions with Tyler until I was actually in labor. Oh, I forgot how bad they can hurt.

-Nesting. Yeah, me again. Yesterday I was working like a mad woman on non-essential projects. Things like getting the baby's room straightened, cleaning everything I could reach, baking and freezing, etc. Sounds like nesting to me.

-Praising. This is a big one!! In my last post I mentioned that Tyler needed surgery and that the insurance wasn't going to pay for it. Well, we got a call this morning saying that his surgery had been approved. Thank you LORD! His surgery is scheduled for October 24th. Now, of course, I am nervous about my baby having surgery. I know God will protect him though.

7 Thoughts from friends:

Shannon Bolden said...

Sounds like things are going great! Tylenol for the teething, pediacare for the cold. Be careful and don't overdo it right now. It seems like I remember having contractions early with Paul. Did you ever tell me the exact due date? Sounds to me like it is getting close.

Love to you all!!!

Pam--in America said...

Praise the LORD!! I've been praying for your situation with the insurance and Tyler's surgery. What an excellent answer to prayer! Now I'll begin praying about the surgery itself.
I never had contractions until labor either... how far away are you from your due date? I'm sure you've mentioned it, but I can't remember.

Hope the boys feel better soon!

Laura said...

Busy busy huh? Thank the Lord for Tylers surgery, I pray all will go well for everyone! I hope the cold runs it course and doesn't get to you. It's amazing how God lets us "forget" about those contractions from child to child. I always had early labor that I had to be medicated for. With Hannah...7 weeks of every 5 minutes...*sigh* I am praying for you daily!

Laura

Unknown said...

That's awesome that they are paying for it....How wonderful!

Yea I know how the colds are Blayne's had some sort of throat virus for a month now..... but thankfully it wasn't strep.

Contractions wow....I didn't know I was having any until I went in on induction day and they told me I was having some lol.... But I remember the bad ones....

*Lisa* said...

hello dear friend, very long time no talk! I hope the boys get better soon! I just got over whatever crud was going around and had to go to Florida feeling like that! :(
wow contractions already how exciting, but yet so humbling to realize how quickly reality is going to set in huh?
how is your mom?
email me when you get the time!
love you and miss u lots! me

Kimberly said...

Hello friend...sounds like you have had some crazy times. ;) WE will be praying. Keep us posted and call when the new baby comes.
LOVE YOU ALL!!

Jenny P. said...

Liz I am so excited that it will all be paid for now, what a blesing. I will be praying for you my dear with everything going on and know I am always thinking of you guys.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin