Friday, September 05, 2008

The Boys Went to The Doctor


It sounds funny to say boys---plural. But, I guess it's to that point. Yay! I'm so excited to have 2 boys.


Anyway, both of my little fellows had doctors appointments this week. I had a prenatal appointment on Wednesday and Tyler went to the dentist on Thursday.


My appointment went well. I have gained 18 pounds so far, my blood pressure was good, and baby was measuring just right. He is also head down and ready to go. The only concern was that his heartrate was a little lower than normal, but still within a "normal" range. So, all in all it was a good appointment. I am really looking forward to meeting my new little man, and also losing the bowling-ball-in-my-ribs feeling.


Now, on to the not as good part...Tyler finally went to the dentist yesterday. If you remember, he was supposed to go on Aug. 19th, but we got a call that morning saying that the doctor was out sick and they would call to reschedule. The next morning was when we left for TN and the next two weeks were sort of a blur. When we got home I realized they never called to reschedule, so I called them. Turns out the dentist had to have surgery (I hope he's okay) and won't be back till some time in October. They referred me to another doctor who was able to get us in yesterday.


Anybody who has seen Tyler's teeth knows that he has decay. It's pretty obvious. (Yes, I know. I will not be getting nominated for Mom of the Year. How did I let my baby get tooth decay? Anyway.) The solution? Surgery. $10,000 worth of surgery that our insurance company more than likely will not pay for. So now we are making phone calls to the insurance company, as is the dentist, praying that they will approve his surgery. If not, I'm not sure what we will do. So if you think of it and feel so inclined, say a little prayer. Would ya?


Let's end on a happy note, shall we? I am going on a real, bona fide date with my hubby tonight. Monday was his birthday. This will be our first real date since Tyler was born. Wow! I'm excited.


Y'all have a great weekend.

3 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Glad to hear the little bun is cooking safely in its oven ;)

I will pray for the situation with Tyler. I'm sure God will make a way for you to get what you need while being able to give the glory to God for it. The fun part is sitting back and watching HIM take over and get things done :)

Have fun on your date!!!

Liz said...

You are so right Pam.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, what kind of dental surgery has the dentist advised for Tyler??
My son is 2 as well and its a struggle to get his teeth brushed, looks like we will need a lot of dental work on him... :-(

Oh and congratulations on the new baby, I came here from the 3rd Tri board. - Nonie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin