Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Firey Darts

Satan never seems to stop, does he? Here lately it seems as though he has been attacking us in almost every area you can think of. There is part of me that would love to spell out all the nastiness to anybody who would listen and have myself a big old pity party. But what good would that do? Instead I have decided to focus on the blessings I have in my life. Here, in no particular order, are some of the things I have to be thankful for. This is by no means an exhaustive list.

-Salvation
-A fantastic church (http://www.cbckn.org/ if your interested)
-A wonderful pastor and his wife
-Christian friends
-A wonderful, loving husband
-The most handsome little boy on the planet (Okay, okay. I know that's just my opinion, but still)
-A sweet little baby boy who will be here in just a few weeks
-A healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy
-No more morning sickness!!!
-A much larger than we need, beautiful, freshly-painted house (pictures coming soon)
-Friends who are always willing to lend a helping hand
-Being debt-free
-Having a husband who is handy and can fix things when they break ;-)
-Parking spots reserved for expectant mothers (although they are always taken)
-Having a military husband who hasn't been away from home since March 2006 (That must be some kind of record, right?)
-the Internet (I know there is a lot of evil out there, but it can also be a great tool)
-Thrift stores
-Good insurance
-Never going hungry
-Our tax battle with the state being over. We won! (I'll post about this one later)
-Nap time
-A break in the heat
-Gas prices are coming down. $3.42 today!

There, I feel better already!

5 Thoughts from friends:

Unknown said...

hey wow that's a long list hehe.

I definitely can't wait to see pics of the new house.... I drove by one time when it was half done hehe...

we will be back in just a few days wanna set up a play date next week sometime??? Shoot me an email...

Pam--in America said...

Good for you... focusing on the blessings in your life! Satan won't be able to win with that attitude :)

Shannon Bolden said...

I was just complaining to my mom yesterday about the same thing. It seems like since the summer of 2006 we have had our share of trials! My mom keeps telling me that we are strong and we can make it through. . .

But you are right, a pity party doesn't help anything! We have to focus on our blessings!!!

Kimberly said...

Do you know how much you are loved by a family here in SC? We do and miss you all...pray to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I Love You and hang in there girl.
You are my favorite neice.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin