Tuesday, July 22, 2008

An update on my step-dad

From my mom:

Hi everyone,
Sam has continued to worsen since he was admitted to the
hospital 10 days ago.
Yesterday he began to vomit blood and was moved
to ICU. he had a scope, but
there was so much in his stomach they
could not find the source of the blood.
His diabetes has damaged his
stomach so it takes hours or days to digest a meal. (this is not new).
I
don't know what the CT abdomen showed yesterday.

After the
scope they could not take him off the ventilator because his breathing got much
worse
over the weekend. He is still at Memorial , now in room
CCU-10.
He was stable after the scope, and was finally resting
after fighting to breath for a while.
He is sedated, but can possibly
hear me, according to the icu staff.

He is expected to be
able to recover from this episode. I will let you know
how things
progress.

As always, your prayers are appreciated.

2 Thoughts from friends:

Unknown said...

hey thoughts and prayers are in order.

and by the way yes my mom will be heading back with us and actually staying in Ohio a little longer then us....then my aunt and uncle will bring her home.

how's ty?

Jenny P. said...

My dear my prayers are with you. I know how it feels with a sick dad, mine just got out of the hospital after being there for a month and now it looks like he will be going back in. He has so many health problems and so I understand. i am here for you if you ever need me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin