Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sickness All Around

Our family is enduring its fair share of sickness right now. If you think of it, could you please remember these 3 specific requests when you pray.

1. My step-dad, Sam. This is an exert from the email my mom sent yesterday:

Dear friends and family,
this will be news to some of you and repeat for others. but, Sam has been quite sick for about 3 weeks.
he has prostate cancer, but his doctors says that is under control for now. he has a 2 low back discs
protruding, compressing nerves and causing leg pain and weakness. He has a rare abdominal lining disease
causing the severe pelvic pain. there is no treatment for it, except to take pain meds for it. He also has a
large area on his lower right leg that is infected, getting worse, and making his leg swell to double.
He has been in memorial hospital since Saturday.

2. My Aunt, Retta. I just heard that the doctors found a lump in her breast and I believe they will be doing a biopsy next week.

3. Tyler is also very sick right now. Last night we almost went to the ER. His temperature ran in the 100-101.5 range until last night. I thought maybe it was just his teeth coming in, but when his fever got up to 104 and stayed I got worried and called the doctor. She told us to keep him on a Tylenol/Motrin rotation to try to get it down. That worked, but only temporarily. I took him to the doctor this morning and she said there is a very nasty virus going around right now and that is likely what he has. She said it lasts 1-5 days and is accompanied by a fever of up to 105. Eek! At this point Tyler is not sleeping more than 20 minutes at a time and that is only if he is being held. He also isn't eating and only drinking about a sip an hour. As I'm sure you can guess, that makes for one tired and worried little momma.

5 Thoughts from friends:

Randi Jo :) said...

hey! :) I read ur blog through bloglines pretty frequently - and ur comment about the virus caught my eye. my poor son (he's 2 next week)... has what seems to be the same thing. a nasty nasty high temperature that has gone away pretty well now for at least 8 hours without medicine. he's eating a bit and drinking good and having frozen juice ice pops...but his throat sounds a bit weird, but he's not coughing. he just seems worn out. did they say they should be on antibiotics or anything? just curious! :) i am trying to avoid going to the doctor - we leave for vacation tomorrow - and when we go there we tend to get more sick and catch up a new sickness from the office hehe.
have a great day!

Toia said...

I am sorry to hear about all the sickness and everything else. I would definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

Stay bless and stay strong!!

Unknown said...

definitely in my prayers....

Laura said...

I am sorry to hear about all the sickness. I will be praying for little Tyler, poor little guy. You make sure and take care of yourself too, you need rest and you need not to get the virus. I am sorry to hear about the rest of the family. Will pray for them!

Love
Laura

jesnicole said...

SO SORRY ABOUT ALL THAT. AND EVERYTHING IN LIFE SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALL AT ONCE. HOPE EVERYONE GETS BETTER, AND THAT YOU CAN GET REST.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin