Friday, July 25, 2008

Trash to Treasure: Under $20

I have been looking for a while for something to put the boys' clothes in. Up until now we have used a plastic storage container in the closet for Tyler's things, which has worked really well. But we don't have room for another one in the closet so I decided to be on the lookout for something a little more permanent. I found this little treasure at the thrift store for $15. It was pretty banged up, but in good overall condition. My sweet hubby sanded and painted it for me using leftover paint we had from the previous owners. All I had to do was spray paint the existing hardware black and also we bought 8 new knobs for the bottom drawer for 67 cents each. I think it turned out great.

Before:
After:


5 Thoughts from friends:

Laura said...

Liz, that looks great!! I have a garage full of unfinished projects, can you send hubby to Kansas??

Laura

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME! What a blessing! It looks great!

Becky said...

Hi Liz,
What a great deal for a cute dresser (after some time and energy)! I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment. Matt is home, and I couldn't be happier! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of baby #2...whether boy or girl! :) I have 2 neices Hannah and Abby...so we like those names, and my husband has a little cousin named Piper. Just thought I'd share..not that it will sway your thoughts! :)
~Becky

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Perfection, Liz!! I especially love the look of the knobs! You have great vision. :)

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a wonderful buy for $15 - I'd have snatched it right up too :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin