Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Real 'Duh' Moment

They say you lose brain cells during pregnancy. I wouldn't argue. There are days when I feel like my brain has exited my body. Yesterday was one of those days.

I have been having trouble with our internet connection since we got home. I have tried shutting down and restarting, resetting the modem, and all that other good stuff. None of it seemed to help so I decided I would call Comcast and see if they happened to know what was going on. So I called, entered all my information on the keypad (which they asked me for yet again as soon as I was actually connected to a human-5 minutes later), and waited. When the nice lady (really, she was very nice) picked up she asked me what was going on and I told her. She apologized and asked me if I had already checked the obvious, and then tried to help me. She asked me to confirm the phone number on the account. I gave it to her and she couldn't pull the account up. I could not figure out why. We only have one number and I knew that was it. She asked if I had a bill nearby with an account number on it. I knew I did so I started looking through the bills. I found it! As I searched for my Comcast account number on my Charter bill it suddenly hit me...

"I'll call you right back."

It probably helps if you call the right company!

3 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

I love that! you completely made my day to know that I am not the only crazy person i know lurking the streets!
love, me

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I am right there with you - after three pregnancies, and now having three small children - my brain doesn't stand a chance. It's over. Sometimes I wonder how I function at all!

I hope you got it all worked out with Comcast.

p.s. I thought for sure this was the gender announcement!! :)

Pam--in America said...

That's hilarious, Liz! Sounds just like several pregnancy phone calls I've made ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin