Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Pinch of This, A Dash of That

I have a lot of little random things to blog about, but none of them important or substantial enough to warrant its own post. So, I present to you my version of blog slop for your reading enjoyment.

Bye Bye Pistachio Green
We are finally getting our house painted! I cannot tell you how excited I am. It is currently pistachio green with a darker mint green trim, which the previous owner picked out and was very proud of it. It's horrible, y'all. When we bought the house we didn't think that getting it painted would be a big deal. Late last summer we started calling around and getting quotes, and that's when reality set in. The cheapest quote was $3300 and the most expensive was $5500, plus these people were all booked up until the spring. So we held off. Thank goodness. There is a man in our church who is a self-employed general contractor and does painting as well. Keith was casually chatting with him about the house one day and asked if we had anybody to paint it yet. Keith told him no and he asked if he could come look at it. He did. He starts next week (hopefully) and he is doing it for less than the other quotes. I will definitely post before and after pictures.

Baby Lawhon 08 Update
I had a doctors appointment today which went okay. The baby's heart rate was good, my blood pressure was good, but he was not happy with my weight loss. I had lost 6 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago. He told me my body desperately needs fat and calories and suggested pizza, burgers, and milkshakes. Seriously.

Leaving the Country
Well, my part of the country anyway. We weren't expecting Keith to get leave for a while due to some things going on at work, but a window of opportunity opened up and we jumped at the chance to take a little break. We will be leaving this weekend, going to TN and possibly South Carolina, and will be back in about 2 weeks. If my posting is sporadic, that's why.

Spring
It has finally sprung! Today was the first day that it was warm and the sun was shining in what seems like forever. Thank you Lord.


I guess that's about it for now. I hope you all are having a wonderful week.

8 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

Oh too bad you couldn't leave a day or so sooner! Kaylin's birthday is this weekend and we are having a HUGE Luau at our house! :D
can't wait! call me while you're home!
love, me

Pam--in America said...

I love the term "blog slop"... don't be surprised if I use that in the future!!

What a blessing that you waited to get the house painted and then the Lord provided someone less expensive! I can't wait to see the before and after.

Do you know how lucky you are that you have permission to eat all that wonderful JUNK!!??

Have a good trip.. be safe.. take lots of pictures.. see you when you get back!!

Anonymous said...

Liz, Hope I get to see you this time you are in. I miss you and Little Man. Lets try real hard to get together,ok?
Drive safe and Lots of Luv. Becky

Anonymous said...

i should be so lucky to have doctor's orders to eat pizza and milkshakes! love mama

Shannon Bolden said...

Are you planning on visiting your brother? I hope we get to see you all. Be Safe!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Lisa-I wish we could be there! Wish the birthday girl a happy day from Izzy and Tywer!

Pam-LOL! I'm glad you like my term. Feel free to use it any time.

Becky-We will try very hard this time. We miss seeing you.

Mom-LOL! A girl's dream come true.

Shannon-Yes, we will be seeing him. I think we are going to have dinner with them. :) Ahhhh, that boy!

Christian Mommy said...

Liz,

Miss you!! Sorry I have not been such a good "reader", we are trying to get everything ready to PCS off this piece of rock!!! Hope all is well by you, and the little life inside you is behaving. Much love and prayers to you and your family!!
Lauren

Blog Widget by LinkWithin