Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Project "Baby Bake" is Now 25% Complete

I am now 10 weeks pregnant and anxiously awaiting the end of the 1st trimester. Things are pretty typical for me right now-I am extremely sick and extremely tired. I think my boys are ready to have the old me back.

I had an appointment with the midwife yesterday and thankfully we were able to hear a strong heartbeat. That was very reassuring! Other than that, I am on my usual early pregnancy weight loss program. I haven't lost that much, but still. I'm wondering where the weight is coming from because my waist certainly isn't getting any smaller. As a matter of fact it's getting pretty round.

As soon as I get some of my energy and brain cells back, there is something special I want to share with you about this pregnancy. I know God is always involved and new life is always a miracle, but the hand of God in this pregnancy is just undeniable. Hopefully I will be able to get to that soon. A word of caution to all men and any ladies who may be uncomfortable discussing G-rated reproductive issues-this will not be the post for you.

If I'm not able to get back on here before Sunday, I want to wish all of you a wonderful Easter. Remember, it's not about bunnies, candy, ducks, or any of that other stuff. It's about the free gift of Salvation made possible by the shed blood of Christ. If you don't know for sure that you are going to Heaven, what better time?

3 Thoughts from friends:

Unknown said...

Hey actually she's from Oklahoma lol. Well I'm glad you got to hear the hearbeat.....are you wanting another boy or a girl this time? Won't see you this Sunday we are headed out to visit some family we never met in Independence. So maybe we can get together next week sometime.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

10 weeks! That's awesome! The energy and brain cells will return. Although I'm still waiting for mine... :)

Looking forward to hearing your story!

Happy Easter - Christ is risen!!!

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

You should come home for a couple of weeks. You and Tyler could stay at Jonathan's and I could help you with Tyler and you could get some much deserved rest!!! Love, Shannon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin