Thursday, February 15, 2007

Baby Houdini


My first true mommy-panic moment: At about 2:30 the other morning I woke up and reached over to check on the baby. All I found was his diaper. Y’all, I thought my baby boy had been raptured or something. This was no hallucination, because I was up and out of that bed in a fraction of a second. With all the force my adrenaline-pumped body could muster, I jerked those covers back…and found my little boy peacefully sleeping in the buff!! How it happened I still don’t know…

7 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I would have died!! One time Kaylin had fallen out of her bed and then rolled under it and so when Jason had gotten up to get ready for work he looked in her room and she wasn't in her bed, well he looked in bed with me to make sure she wasn't there and then he started to panic, he woke me up and we started to go through the house and then he finally glanced back in her room and you could barely see the top of her poking out from under the bottom of the bed! We almost had heartattacks that morning! stuff like that terrifies me!!

Mom 2 six said...

What a beautiful baby !!!
Thanks for adding to our guestbook. That was very thoughtful. Our map buff will check out your location tonight.
We play musical beds all the time so I don't know really who is seeping where....as babies they all slept with me for literally years. I am sure you could have moved mountains with that surge of energy.

Ashleigh Baker said...

I think I would *certainly* have panicked! It's crazy the way that kind of thing can happen, isn't it? You're baby is precious... so beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my lil' corner. Feel free to come by any time. :)

Liz said...

Thanks ladies! You're all too kind!

Heather said...

LOL!! I literally laughed at this...I mean, I know the feeling, but the "raptured" part had me laughing :) Glad you found your baby in his wittle b-day suit. Grafted Branch, Free-in-Christ, and Laughs Alot, My Seasons of Life are links on my site that I think you will enjoy as well :)

Amy Martin said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I am actually feeling 95% better. With my first two I was sick for almost the whole 9 months!! NOT FUN! Feel free to stop by my site anytime.

Absolutely loved this post, and although it's not funny to think you have lost your baby, the way you worded it made me laugh! Thanks again for stopping by.

Liz said...

Heather-I'm so glad I could make you laugh. Seems like you always have some kind of story that has me rolling on the floor. :) Your kids are just too cute. By the way, I will definitely be checking in on the recommended sites.

Amy-Thanks for stopping in!
So glad you're feeling better. I had to be on Zofran for about 4 months when I was pregnant. Hopefully your sickness is gone for good this time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin