Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Too late for a New Year's resolution?

I've seen this several times before, but every time I read it I decide I need to drink more water.

1. 75% of Americans are chronically
dehydrated.


2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism
is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.


3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's
metabolism as much as 3%.


4. One glass of water will shut down midnight
hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied
in a University of Washington study.


5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime
fatigue.


6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10
glasses of water a day could significantly ease back
and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.


7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger
fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math,
and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on
a printed page.


8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases
the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash
the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%
less likely to develop bladder cancer.


On another note, these are the cupcakes I made for the Hubby to take to work today. They're not really as pretty as I hoped they would be. Oh well, I tried.

3 Thoughts from friends:

Heather said...

That is a great reminder about the water...and I love the cupcakes. I must tell you though, I can barely read the black text on your blue blog lady ;) Happy V-day!!

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks more making me have to pee a zillion time a day now because now all I am going to do is drink water!
But you are right though, I know you and you do not drink anywhere near enough!! :)
Lisa

Liz said...

Sorry Heather. You're right, after I looked at it, it was very hard to read. Fixed now! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin