Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tidbits

Well, it seems I have been neglecting my blog again. I am going to blame it on the whole new baby/busy summer thing. There hasn't been too much going on around here lately, but I figured I'd share some recent events so you'll know what we've been up to.

-We had company a few weeks ago. My aunt and cousin came a stayed a little over a week. We had a good time, but there really isn't much around here to keep people entertained for long. We went swimming, to the library, around base, and visited the Amish. That was really about it. Glad they came though. I always love having company.

-We recently had to replace our A/C unit. That took a big chunk out of the ol' savings account. I'm just thankful to have air once again. With 115 degree heat indexes, cold air sure is a nice thing to have.

-My mom still has not met her newest grandson. That makes me a little sad. =(

-Our favorite neighbors just put their house up for sale. I am secretly hoping it doesn't sale. Just kidding! But I will be super sad when they go.

-We have been reunited with some old friends recently. I love being able to see people that have moved away. Soon we will be seeing two more families. One family, who we were stationed with in Japan, is moving here and another family that used to live here will be coming back before the husband gets out of the AF.

-Tyler starts Kindergarten next month. Pray for him. Pray for me. Pray for all of us. ;)

- I have been up until at least 2 a.m. for the past 3 nights. I am getting a lot done while everybody else sleeps, but I really wish I was sleeping too. Last night I even took a sleeping pill but I still couldn't sleep.

- I think we have decided to put our house on the market early next spring. We have a few more projects to finish and then the house will be ready. We will be ready too. Retirement time will be here sooner than we know.

- I have decided I want to get a mini-farm in Kentucky when Keith retires. A few goats, chickens, and maybe a horse would be nice. We'll see what God has planned for us though. ;)

- I have not been feeling great here lately. I'm not really sure what's wrong with me, if anything. I think it may just be a combination of hormones, lack of sleep, and overexertion. Lord willing I will be back to my old self again soon.

- We have seen several people saved at church recently. It is awesome to see God working in people's lives. It's great to know that he's still in the business of saving souls.

-I went to a double baby shower at church last night. It was so fun, but only one of the mommies was there. The other was in labor at the time. =D I went and visited her at the hospital this afternoon. She was the exact same size as Cole when he was born and she is super cute! I love babies!!

I better stop there for now. I have more to share, but maybe some other time. All my littles need naps, so mommy must go.

Happy Trails til we meet again...

1 Thoughts from friends:

Kelly Logan said...

Liz, I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to visit with you guys. I have been starting to stay up late again. I don't like it b/c then I don't want to wake up in the am! I however can not seem to do anything productive when I am up late though =) Christian will be starting Kindergarten too! Wish we could be close by. Maybe we will go to Kentucky too....lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin