Thursday, June 02, 2011

Worth Mentioning

Life seems to have kicked into high gear for us lately. I guess warmer weather is to thank for that. We have been on the go almost non stop for almost the past 3 weeks. Most of it isn't worth mentioning, but here is the part that is:

- Jack fell outside (while picking me flowers) and busted his chin, which required 7 stitches. Poor little man!

- We had a fairly major scare with a tornado last week. We were driving to a neighboring town when we heard the sirens going off and had to quickly take shelter in a church basement until it passed. The tornado ended up destroying several homes and businesses. It was a little scary, but I am so thankful that the Lord gave us shelter from the storm.

- We are almost done with our home renovations. We decided to hire somebody to finish most of the work that needed to be done. There was just no way we were going to be able to finish it with a new baby and Keith's work schedule. When he is done, we will be about 90% complete and the rest will be things we can finish as we get the time. Soooo glad to be wrapping up this chapter of our lives.

- We took a little day trip to Missouri Town 1855 last week. It was a really neat place, and we all enjoyed it. Unfortunately it is all outdoors and it was cold and raining. I would like to go back and visit again when the weather is nicer.

- I had a major scare with my neighbor on Monday. To make a really long story short, she fell and broke her leg in 3 places and completely tore the ligament in her other knee. I had to rush over there with all 3 littles in tow and try to help her. Scary!

- The boys now have a trampoline. They love it! I am praying that no serious injuries come as a result.

- Cole is very, very colicky. Bless his heart (and mine too)! He screams every night starting between 7 and 8 and lasts for anywhere from 1 to 5 hours. I am desperate to find something to help. I feel like I have tried pretty much everything at this point. Colic is very heartbreaking and frustrating. I feel like I am being sanctified via a crying baby. =)

Well, I guess that's about it. At least that's all I can think of right now. I will have lots of pictures to share soon. =)

0 Thoughts from friends:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin