Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The List

Sometimes people ask me what all we have left to finish the house and I usually don't have a good answer. There is so much to do, but most of it is little stuff. Most of the major renovation is finally over. But all those little things often seem overwhelming to me.

Today, I made a list room by room of everything that needs to be done. There are about 55 items on the list. Some are really small and can be completed in 30 minutes or less. Some are several day projects. My goal is to work on at least one item per day. I am going to share my list with you, and hopefully I will be able to share some pictures as well as things get crossed off the list.

Okay, here goes...

MASTER BEDROOM
Finish cutting in paint around ceiling
paint closet trim
new door knob
clean air return vent
paint air return vent

MASTER BATHROOM
remove framing from old wall
patch sheetrock
stain vanity
paint walls
tile floors
paint baseboards
new door and knob
install toilet

BOYS ROOM
paint trim
new door and knob

SPARE BEDROOM
paint trim
clean/ remove tools
stage as bedroom
door knob

HALL BATH
paint trim
door knob
cabinet hardware
hang pictures
remove towel bars ??
add hooks ??

DECK/PORCH
replace roof
replace screen door
new linoleum
make curtains

KITCHEN
scrape and retexture ceilings
trim on island
trim on cabinets
paint walls
toe kick
baseboards
paint island !!DONE!!
beadboard wallpaper trim !!DONE!!
change light fixtures

LIVING ROOM
prime where needed !!DONE!!
paint fireplace wall
patch hole in ceiling
baseboards

GARAGE
touch up paint
clean
organize tools


LAUNDRY ROOM
fix leaky pipe
repair hole in ceiling
repaint walls
new door and knob

FAMILY ROOM
repaint walls
retexture ceilings
baseboards

MAN ROOM/ OFFICE
baseboards
flooring
repaint walls
new door and knob



And there you have it, "The List". Who wants to come over???

4 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

You have done an amazing job......you are truly a Proverbs 31 lady....I'm so proud of you....just know that you are dearly loved....and prayed for....susan

Kelly Logan said...

So glad Keith is coming home next month!! So he can help fix up the house =) I can paint trim and organize tools....those were the only two things on the list I think I can do....let me read it again...lol

Alan said...

AMAZING!!!!!

http://beastbaseball.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

dekaron Top 100 Private Server Online

Blog Widget by LinkWithin