Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Days Are Long, But The Years Are Short

Well, it seems as though the end of another year is upon us once again. I suppose I, like most people, have begun to reflect on all that has happened the past year. This has been an interesting year for us, to say the least. But looking back on it, it is amazing to see the hand of God in it all.

Here is a little summary of our 2010:

-January was spent preparing for Keith's upcoming deployment, as well as finishing up some renovation projects before he left.

-February-the Hubby left for Guam. I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the month was a blur. I did start my own remodeling projects to help pass the time.

-March- I was in full renovation mode. I tore out our master bathroom fixtures and began a major remodel.

-April- Had a yard sale and then took a little trip back to the mother land (TN) to visit my family. It was good for all of us to get away for a while.

-May-back to reality, back to work. This month was spent choosing tile, carpet, paint colors, etc. I had to rush to get all my projects wrapped up before Hubby's return.

-June-New carpet goes in. Tile goes in. Painting is done. And at the end of the month, Hubby was home.

-July-was filled with Daddy's return, a quick trip to Paducah to visit with family, and saying goodbye to a dear family in our church who moved away. Oh yeah, and we were blessed with baby #3 this month.

-August-Normal summer business. Another yard sale, Lots of gardening, and playing. I got my usual first trimester sickness around the first of August and that was about it for me for the rest of the month.

-September-for Hubby's birthday he requested a trip to Branson, so that is what we did. For the rest of the month I was too sick to do anything...except check myself into the hospital for a few days. =( We also had to say goodbye to another great set of friends.

-October-both boys had their birthdays and I was too sick to do anything about it. It was another hard month. Hubby was out of town for a week, also.

-November-the sickness fog began to lift...Praise the Lord! Hubby had a very busy month at work. We were able to make another trip to TN to visit our families. It was a great, but hard, trip. The boys loved every second of it and were truly heart-broken when we had to leave.

-December-Well, this seems to be the month where a whole year's worth of activity is crammed into a few weeks. Is it like that for everybody? We are having a revival at church all this week. Next week, one of the missionary families from our church are returning for furlough. We also, have a celebration dinner at church on Friday night. Oh, and the Hubby takes his promotion test next week. The week of Christmas, Hubby has his PT (physical fitness) test. We are hosting a going away dinner at our house for another family in our church. (This seems to be the year of goodbye's.) And then there is Christmas...I have done nothing to prepare this year. I see it being another year without a single present around here. I am fine with that. We are so blessed, and need nothing. But, you certainly do get a lot of strange looks when you tell people that your kids didn't get anything for Christmas.

So, there we are. It has been a busy year, but a good one. God has certainly sustained us, and we are looking forward to what 2011 has in store.

My Two Friends who left me in 2010

Hubby working on painting the front door

The new carpet

My Biggest Little Man feeding the ducks

Ice Cream Date with Mom

Summertime Fun

Back Yard Camping with Daddy

4th of July fun with friends

Sweet Little Man

Me and the Bub

The Boys and Papaw checking out the view in Paducah


Little Fishermen

Somebody got a little clipper happy =)
May you all have a very happy Christmas season filled with the love of the Saviour!

1 Thoughts from friends:

Rockabilly Hippie said...

great post! Those boys of yours are so cute! Hope the sickness has lifted for good. My good friend recommends Aloe Vera gel caps, the kind with peppermint in them :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin