Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm A Little Behind

I have been meaning to post these pictures since Monday, but I have been a little lazy in my blogging responsibilities. (ha!)

Last weekend we met my Dad in Paducah for a quick visit. Paducah is pretty close to the half way point between here and TN, and it is a really nice area that we are pretty familiar with, so it makes a nice place for a weekend visit every once in a while.



Paducah has a really nice park and riverwalk area. That is where we spent most of our time, with a little shopping thrown in as well. It was too hot to be outside all day!

Nana and the boys feeding the ducks


The Boys throwing rocks in the water



4 of my favorite guys




When Papaw and Nana are around Mommy doesn't get to do anything, including push the stroller





Tyler, our budding photographer, wanted to take pictures. I think he did a pretty good job!






Tyler's "Best Buddy". (I'm pretty fond of him too)








My sleepy little man







Checking out the view...We had a really nice one. =)


Tyler was rubbing Jack's feet after a long day. We thought it was sweet. =)

Papaw and his men at the park.
I'm so glad we were able to meet my dad. I know my kids, Tyler especially, are crazy about him. I want to encourage that as much as possible. While we certainly can't have weekends like this every month, it is nice to be able to see our family every once in a while without either of us having to drive the entire way.
I am hoping to one day live closer to our families so that our kids can spend more time with their relatives. Keith and I both come from close families, and even though we are a military family, we still want our kids to experience as much of that as possible. Lord willing, one day we will be able to make that happen. For now we are just thankful for the times that we do have together.



1 Thoughts from friends:

Kristi said...

That picture of Tyler rubbing Jack's feet is so precious. Made me say awwwww. LOL

Looks like a wonderful time!

~Kristi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin