Friday, November 13, 2009

~Date Night~

My #1 guy and I went on a date tonight. It was our first date in 14 months! That is a long time, especially when you love your man as much as I love mine. ;) We have been talking about going out, just the two of us, for months now. I wasn't quite ready to leave Jackson just yet, but we desperately needed some time to just be a couple. So, when a family from church offered to watch the boys for us I didn't hesitate one bit to take her up on her offer.

We headed to Colton's Steakhouse first. Being that it was Friday night, it was quite busy but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.


Next, we went for a little retail therapy...








Here I am trying on one of several outfits. This one was my favorite of all that I tried on, but I didn't love it. {Pardon my severely messy hair.}

















We ended up buying some matching PJ's for the boys, and that was about it. I was bummed about not finding a nice church outfit for winter, but that's okay. Here is a picture of my little man modeling for me when we got home. Isn't he adorable? He got a haircut yesterday.
























We finished off the night with a Peppermint Mocha for the ride home. {Yum


It was so nice to spend some quality time together tonight. We definitely don't do it very often, so it is such a treat when we do. I didn't even worry about the boys...too much. {grin}

Keith will be leaving sometime after the first of the year for 4-6 months. I am going to see if we can squeeze a few more date nights in between now and then. My heart hurts just thinking about him leaving...

3 Thoughts from friends:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Glad you got a date night! It is so easy to get caught up with everything else and forget to spend quality time with our spouses. I"m guilty that is for sure.

jesnicole said...

Yay for dates!!! And peppermint mocha......I'm jealous. :)

Aubrey said...

Ohhhh.....date night! Good times. Glad you two had such a nice evening! Time for another one, yes?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin