Saturday, October 31, 2009

House Update

I have been without a computer for several days now, and I feel like I am so out of touch with everything. We don't have TV, I don't listen to the radio, and I haven't been to church all week because Jackson was sick...so I really haven't had much contact with the outside world in a while. =D I am back now though, and I thought I would share some pictures of the updates to the house with you all.





Things have been very slow going with the repair due to Keith's work schedule, and then we had a few unexpected things come up that had to be fixed as well. On Friday, he took the whole day off to work on the house. The kids and I made sure we stayed away from the house most of the day so he could get a lot done. He was able to get a lot accomplished, for which I was very thankful. It is so hard living in chaos and construction, and we have been for 3 months now. I'm ready for it to be done, he's ready for it to be done...we need it to be over with soon so that we can regain some semblance of normal before he leaves in a few months.





I'm not sure if I ever detailed what we are doing in the kitchen, so I may be repeating myself here but this is what we have done. We took down the wall between the kitchen and dining room and added an island/peninsula of cabinets. We also got new countertops, a new sink and a new faucet. Also, all of the floors had to be replaced. We are almost 100% complete with the structural things that had to be done and are about 40% complete with the cosmetic changes. I am loving the way it is turning out and in a way I am thankful for the flood, because we never would have made these improvements otherwise.






Here are a few pictures of our work in progress.






A hole in the ceiling

The cabinets before they were installed. I was having to store all the food on the table. =)













The new island/peninsula with the wrong color of stain. Oops!

This is where the rooms used to be separated by a wall.

4 Thoughts from friends:

Rachel Smith said...

I really enjoyed getting caught up on your blog today! You have such a beautiful family.

I hear ya on the being thankful for the flood b/c it gave you the chance to get some things done. Our kitchen flooded due to an appliance gone wrong a few years back. I was so thankful for the new kitchen afterwards!!

Kimberly said...

Looks like slowly but surely it is getting done. Can't wait to see it in person one of these days. Miss you guys. Love to all.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! You've been busy!! It is looking good! :D

Anonymous said...

I know you will be so glad when finished. Keep pressing on.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin