Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"Professional" Pictures


I decided to bite the bullet Wednesday and take my two grouchy, uncooperative, wonderful children to have their pictures made. The grandparents kinda hassle me about that from time to time. =) Knowing my sweet children as I do, I knew my best bet would be not to spend a lot of $$$ on said pictures. That way when they act like little baboons and take not one single stinkin good picture, I won't be too terribly upset. Good thinking on my part...we went to Wally World. Yeah, you can imagine the quality of customer service we received. Our "photographer" was not exactly good with children, to say the least. I finally got everybody to stop crying (including me, on the inside), and we were able to get a couple of descent pictures out of it.

If you would like to see them, this should be a direct link to the photos. Let me know if it doesn't work for you. http://portraits.pictureme.com/pr3/ViewAlbum.aspx?a=606410


And on a side note, as "frugal" as I am I do believe that with pictures you get what you pay for. If I thought my kids would have cooperated, I definitely would have driven the 50 miles (one way) to a better picture studio.

3 Thoughts from friends:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I think they came out pretty well. :D They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a bad experience in one studio,I am a studio mgr in iowa and what I saw was totally unacceptable ,please call our customer service and tell them about your visit. Maybe ask for reshoot,or discount,or you can ask for someone else who works there to do your pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think they look great. I love a lot of them. My kids do okay for pictures but now that Kyle is 2 and is a wild kid I am sure it will be different. I usually have my done at sears and spend less money than Walmart. They have good quality. But Waly World can have good quality with the right kind of photographer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin