Wednesday, June 03, 2009

~*~Seeking His Will~*~

Do you ever wonder if unsaved people have as hard of a time making big decisions as saved people do? I mean, why wouldn't an unsaved person just make the most selfish, self-promoting decision? Anyhoo. That's another topic for another day.

However, what brought that thought to mind is something that is very much on my mind right now. There is a situation going on with Keith's job right now that involves a big decision for us. In the flesh, the decision seems like a no-brainer. But we do not want to act in the flesh. This is something that will have a big impact on our family, and that is not something I want to do out of God's will.

I am being pretty vague right now for a reason. I feel like if we share too much with too many people, we will be more sensitive to other people's persuasions and possibly less sensitive to the Holy Spirit. So for now, I just want to ask those of you who will to pray for us. Specifically for wisdom in making the decision, for clear direction, for peace, and that the Lord's will be done.

Once we have made a decision, I will share the details. Either way. The specifics are just too interesting not to share (in a big world/small world kind of way). And because I know that inquiring minds want to know.
=)

6 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Oh boy, Liz, do I know how you feel!! I love your point about not telling us details yet... you are so right. It would be harder to make the right decision after listening to everyone's opinion! I will pray that you and Keith find God's will!

Nina in Portugal said...

Praying you find the Lord's perfect will in this situation.

Kate Ambrose said...

Praying for you. I can understand how you're feeling in this post. May the Lord guide you!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praying for y'all to be attentive to God's will for his job.

Aubrey said...

Oh, certainly praying for you to listen closely to what the Lord is saying to you.

HOPE said...

Praise the LORD for this post Liz. More people need to seek GOD's perfect will for their lives. Often we make hasty decisions.

I will pray for the LORD to manifest his will to you and for peace in your final decision.

God bless...
HOPE~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin