Monday, May 18, 2009

What's for Dinner??? Eating from the pantry...


Ever have one of those days where you just can't seem to make a meal out of what you have on hand? Oh sure, you have a little of this and a little of that. But, none of it seems to go together to make a meal. That's me today. I have some broccoli, tuna, chicken, turkey, meatballs, rice, flour, pasta, butter, sugar, eggs, milk, oatmeal, and peanut butter. Not a lot to work with, right?


I found this site: Supercook. You can list the ingredients you have on hand and this site will compile a list of recipes that you can make using only what you already have. This is a great way to clean out your pantry and use up those ingredients that you got a really good deal on, but now you can't think of a way to use them.


Using only the ingredients I have in my pantry, I was given a list of over 500 recipes I could make. I love this site! Hopefully I can come up with some really creative ways to use all that spaghetti sauce and creamed corn I bought at the case lot sale a few weeks ago! =)


So, if you're having trouble with the "What's For Dinner" question be sure to check out Supercook. This may just be one of my favorite new recipe sites.

3 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I will have to check it out.

jesnicole said...

That looks so neat!! I really need to clean out my pantry....I'll look into it!! :) Hope you're doing well!

Rachel Smith said...

Wow! I am excited to check out this site.

I am glad that you commented on my blog. I couldn't find your blog. I now have it saved on my sidebar.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin