Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Aha! So, That's How They Do It!

I've never read the book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People before, but I'm guessing one of the habits is waking up early. I decided to get up at the same time as my hubby this morning (5:15). We have had a busy few days and I have plans for today as well, but I didn't want my housework to suffer. So I decided to just get up when he did and get some things done. I wasn't too thrilled when the alarm went off and it felt like I had only been asleep an hour. However now that I am awake, I am loving it! It is 6:20 and I have: had breakfast, did my morning devotions, prayed, sent off two emails that needed to be answered, washed a load of laundry, hung it to dry, folded and put away 2 loads from yesterday, and watered the plants. Woohoo!!

The rest of my plans (hopefully before the kiddos wake up) are to: make the bed, get dressed, vacuum downstairs, dust, put dishes away, prep dinner, move storage cabinet from laundry room to garage, sweep/mop kitchen and landings. Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it. I think I better go make myself some coffee to get me through the day. =)

Have a great day, y'all!!

26 Thoughts from friends:

Arlene said...

I think when my hubby gets back, I'm going to start waking up early with him, too... for now, it's all I can do to get in bed before midnight, lol!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I have unfortunately had to read the & Habits of Highly effective people and no getting up early isn't a habit and if you read the book, if one can realy call this a book rather than a slow torcher device, i commend you for getting through it. But if you would like to read something more effective, read either The Servant- which is a GREAT book or read Whale Done! I have to read a book a month and currently 2 books a month right now for work says it will make me a better manager one day so we will see...
but so glad you got so much done! I miss you!
love
Lisa

jesnicole said...

Coffee sounds FANTASTIC right now!! :) Hope you're all better!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I definitely can get more if I get up early and get on the ball. :D Of course I have to go to bed earlier, too.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
LOVE YOU,=)B

HOPE said...

Good for you Liz!!! That is what it is all about! Did you see my Happy Homemaker luncheon post on My Creative Heart blog...

Thanks for stopping by This is the day... I'm glad it also helped you in the start of your day...it was refreshing to see your name. Hope you are doing well...

Oh I also have a blog of my dog for my grandk... if you want to read about a cute dog..GUS.

Hugs..
HOPE

Anonymous said...

order ambien online overnight generic ambien 10mg picture - does generic ambien cr look like

Anonymous said...

valium diazepam can buy diazepam thailand - side effects of diazepam valium

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan online ativan vs alcohol - ativan experience

Anonymous said...

order zolpidem zolpidem side effects depression - zolpidem 10mg effects

Anonymous said...

diazepam valium dosage for dogs with seizures - valium diazepam que es

Anonymous said...

lethal dose of diazepam diazepam online new zealand - buy valium online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam green diazepam 10mg - omeprazole and diazepam drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online xanax side effects mixed alcohol - xanax effects on brain

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam online usa no prescription - diazepam benefits side effects

Anonymous said...

ativan no prescription ativan side effects weight gain - lorazepam 1mg para que serve

Anonymous said...

ativan for anxiety ativan 2.5 mg online - ativan withdrawal success stories

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam buy xanax xr online no prescription - xanax pink pill 029

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam 10 mg vademecum - buy diazepam online no prescription usa

Anonymous said...

xanax price order xanax overnight - xanax cheap online no prescription

Anonymous said...

generic ativan ativan vs xanax insomnia - ativan urban dictionary

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax grapefruit juice - xanax withdrawal from 1 mg

Anonymous said...

valium 10mg online valium no prescription - buy valium online overnight delivery uk

Anonymous said...

soma muscle can you buy soma online - side effects of carisoprodol 350 mg

Anonymous said...

buy generic valium no prescription valium vs xanax drug test - valium xanax conversion

Anonymous said...

cheap generic soma buy soma with paypal - buy soma

Blog Widget by LinkWithin