Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Heavy Hearted

If you have time, please read this article and pray for this woman and her family. They need healing that only God can bring! (Warning: there is one curse word in this article.)

Basically, this is a woman who has gone from being sold out for God to atheist...and is taking her children with her.

My heart is so heavy and burdened after reading this article. I will not continue reading, although part of me wants to. I read some of the comments before it became too much. My heart hurts at the amount of hate there is in the world for God and His people. I will petition God on her behalf, will you?

7 Thoughts from friends:

jesnicole said...

I WILL BE, THANKS FOR SHARING. I CHECKED OUT HER BLOG, AND FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE THIS LADY HAD BEEN MISLEAD FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS....I WONDER IF SHE'S WALKED AWAY FROM CHRIST, OR A CERTAIN SET OF BELIEFS SET UP BY SOME PEOPLE. THERE ARE SO MANY IDEALOGIES THAT "SOUND" GOOD AND CHRISTIAN...AND END UP FALLING APART. WE'RE TO FOLLOW CHRIST...THE LIVING, BREATHING ONE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED AND RESURRECTED FOR US!!! BIG DIFFERENCE FROM WHAT SOME ARE FOLLOWING NOW-A-DAYS.

Christine said...

Wow is all I can say. I just noticed that she responded to your friend jesnicole. Makes me want to leave a comment but I think I should pray on it before I do.

jesnicole said...

YES, AND I'VE ALREADY COMMENTED BACK. IT'S SAD, ISN'T IT? HOW DECEPTION CAN CREEP IN....EVEN IN THE CHURCH. AND THAT PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE HOW SHALLOW THINKING AND EMPTY DOCTRINE CAN AFFECT LIVES. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE NEED TO REALLY READ THEIR BIBLES, AND STOP FOLLOWING BLINDLY. IT'S SUCH AN EASY THING TO DO.

Liz said...

Hey Jes, Let me know if you hear back from her. I am praying that somebody can reach her.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That makes me sad and upset as well as to how Satan has been able to pull the wool over her eyes so to speak.

jesnicole said...

Sometimes it's not even satan who does it. It's people who choose to believe a lie, because it is often easier to follow something that doesn't make you think.

Liz, she has commented back, and so have many other people. There are many atheist bloggers, so she has a huge swarm of information about that. I hope she sees that Christ is not the person she was so badly deceived into thinking He was.

Aubrey said...

Okay, I had bookmarked this article to come back and read. My hubs and I finally got around to it about two days ago. And for two days, I keep thinking of what it must have taken to change a person so drastically. What did she go through (I haven't read any of her other posts, due to a super busy week, but intend to) to come out on the other end so embittered? My heart hurts for her, and my thoughts keep finding themselves lifting her and her family up before the Lord.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin