Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Lot of "New's" This New Year

New Age- New Years Day is my birthday. I am now 27 years young. It was a very low-key day for us, as there isn't much to do in our little town, especially on holidays. Everything but the Country Kitchen was closed, so that is where we had my birthday dinner. Hey, it was free. I had the Rib Basket in case you were wondering.

New Rank- As of New Years Day, my hubby is now a Master Sgt! Woohoo!!! Way to go honey!

New Decor- Friday my sweet hubby arranged for a babysitter for Tyler and took me to the city to get some new things for the house. We have lived in this house for a year and a half and the walls were almost all completely bare. I was able to get some very good deals which I will share with you next week. We spent most of the day today hanging them as well as doing some other things we have been putting off. The house seems so much more cozy already.

New Goals- Well, New Years of course means new resolutions. There are many areas I want to work on this year. When I think of all the areas in my life that need improvement, I think of that song "He's Still Working On Me" and it makes me smile. Some of the areas I want to work on this coming year are:

  • Consistency-in all areas
  • Hospitality
  • Giving More
  • Saving More
  • Creating More
  • Eating Healthier
  • Exercising More

There are other areas I want to work on as well. But these are some of the ones I will be sharing more about throughout the year. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

7 Thoughts from friends:

Grace said...

I just wanted to say "Hi". I found your blog through Arlene...I'll be sure to stop back again. I hope you and your family have a happy new year!

Grace

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow, lots of wonderful new things!! Congrats on your dh's new rank and happy belated birthday!!

*Lisa* said...

wow! mom got married?? that's cool good for her! :)
miss u love u!

Amy said...

I think I can ditto your list for myself. Check out my blog today for an award I passed along to you!

Anonymous said...

First off, I love the new look of the blog.

Second, Happy belated birthday!

Third,

I hope you get all your goals and wants accomplished this year!

Abbi said...

Happy belated birthday!

HOPE said...

Hi Liz..it is such a joy to read young women's blogs who have such a good heart and desire in serving the LORD. You certainly deserve that award (newer post). The military needs GODLY women to be an influence wherever you go. My eldest daughter's husband at age 31 just joined the Army. She now will be one of these saved military wives. I pray God gives you the desires of your heart.
So happy to see you doing well with the new baby too.

God bless..
HOPE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin