Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yum Yum Cake


We are part of the hospitality committee at church. Basically it's just a different couple each week who greets visitors and try to get to know them and make them feel welcome. God is really using that to help break me out of my shell. Last Sunday was our turn to help out with the meal for visitors after service. I was asked to bring a dessert and I usually don't take something unless I have made it before and know it's good. But I decided to be different and make a cake I had never made before. The recipe came from a lady I used to work with who was an amazing cook, so I figured it must be good. It was! Since I don't like to keep all the goodness to myself, I'll share the recipe with you.
Cake:
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 8 oz. carton sour cream
1 bar Baker's German Chocolate; grated
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 bag chocolate chips
Blend all ingredients. Bake in bundt pan at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP milk
Mix together and pour over cooled cake.
Now I know it's not as cute as this cake, or this one. But what it lacks in cuteness it makes up for in taste. Enjoy!

4 Thoughts from friends:

Kate Ambrose said...

To me it looks wonderful!

Thanks, you're about to start a pregnancy craving here... ;)

*Lisa* said...

ok so you are inspriring me with all of this cooking you have been doing lately...

*Lisa* said...

ok I have started a new blog go check it out and I need help! :)
love me

Heather said...

YUUmmmy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin