Saturday, June 21, 2008

Transparency, Part II

As I sit here typing this, I keep telling myself not to. But hey, you've gotta blog about something. Right?

Today has been "one of those days" for me. More accurately, I guess, it has been one of those weeks. Today is just the day that it has all decided to manifest itself as a nice, big, out-of-control emotional day. I know a lot of it has to do with hormones, but I also know that I am in control of my own emotions.

My hubby and son are at church for a father/son cookout today. I should be thrilled that I have this time to myself to relax and rejuvenate. Instead, I'm sitting here crying and I don't know why. Nothing is wrong. In fact, things are pretty good. I just feel like lately my life has gotten somewhat out of balance. I've become too focused on improving in a few areas that it has quickly resulted in other areas suffering. I just need to find the balance again.

So, there you have it. Another glimpse at the not so pretty side. I'm off to read my Bible and pray (again) for a better attitude.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

4 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Oh, Liz, I'll be praying for you. {{HUGS}} I know those feelings, and you're doing the right things to work through them. Keep praying and searching God's Word... He'll bring the balance back :)

Anonymous said...

You need to take a deep breath!!!! You are feeling the pregnancy. You are not out of balance, your hormones are. Just remember, this is a perfect time for Keith and Tyler to bond. You really need this moment to yourself. You need to have down time and there is nothing wrong with that. You deserve time to yourself. Your time makes you a better mom and wife.

All my love and prayers.
Shannon

Kate Ambrose said...

Liz, I've been having one of those weeks too. I can completely empathize.

The amazing thing was, Thursday, when I was especially frustrated, I was folding laundry listening to some Christian music and a song came on that really centered me. Sometimes I just have to realize that Jesus is the center, not me!

I'll be praying for you. I hope this coming week is better for both of us! :)

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you... If you ever need a shoulder to cry on you know where I live...

{{{HUGS}}}

Blog Widget by LinkWithin