Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Toddler Bed Update and Questions Answered

Day 2 in the toddler bed

The boy did survive his first nap in the toddler bed. He only slept for about 30 minutes, but that's all he sleeps sometimes anyways. Oh, how I love the two-hour nap days! But, I digress...

He is napping in there again today. Pam asked if he still likes his bed. He really loves his bed as long as he isn't in the room by himself. I have been getting him to sleep elsewhere in the house and then putting him in his bed after he is asleep. So far, so good. Maybe I can keep this up and it will become routine.

Randi Jo asked how old he is. He will be 20 months this week. Hard to believe it, but he is. The box that the bed came in said for 15 months and older. So, I guess around that time is safe to transition them---if you are both ready.

Kimberly asked how I keep him in there. LOL-I don't. When he's tired of being in there, he gets out. I'm really hoping he sees his bed as something that is only his and learns to love it. (He's all about the "Mine, mine, mine" right now.) I'll let you know if I find something that works. And if not, I know I have at least one other friend with a kid in the bed with them. =)


And Becky, we might as well face it. Our little boys are growing up.




The post-nap photo shoot:





6 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Liz, it sounds like you are much more patient than I am!
I hope you figure out a way to get him to stay in there!

Randi Jo :) said...

cute pics! :) my son will be 2 in July - I guess I'll keep him in the crib until he starts climbing out :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it he will sleep in his bed when he is ready. Katie had a twin bed and I had to go to bed with her. Then George came along 2 1/2 years later, when he was a baby all I had to do was put him in the baby bed and he went to sleep. Then he got old enough to know I went to bed with Katie he wanted the same. So all 4 of us would go to bed and when they fell asleep we put them in their beds.
Hope you are feeling ok.
Harriet

Anonymous said...

well you aren't alone with the "we won't say where he sleeps" Kaylin has a great princess room but will not sleep in there at all! I think she thinks it is her play room or something, but I feel guilty about making her sleep in there because she is scared and i don't want her to be afraid!
love me

Liz Ferguson said...

I still have some trouble keeping my 2 year old in his bed for his nap. We had to move him to a big boy bed when he was about 21 months. He did pretty good at night, but naps are still a struggle at times. I hope you can work something out for your little man.

Very cute pictures of your little guy. You have a sweet family. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. It's nice to "meet" other mom's who are seeking to please the Lord.

Heather said...

What a big boy!! So cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin