Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank You for Your Suggestions

I was just going to put this in the comments on the book question, but I thought it was too long for a comment.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Maybe one day I will get to read all the books that were suggested. For now I have decided to go with Precept Upon Precept for two reasons. First of all, it received the most suggestions. (Thanks Pam and Heather.) And secondly, I already had the book. Yes, I'm a little ashamed that it has been collecting dust on my bookshelf for two years now. My hubby bought it way back when while it was being taught (by sweet Mrs. Heather's husband Brian) in our Sunday school class at Maranatha. I started reading it way back then, but honestly was a little intimidated by it and at the same time didn't realize how much guidance I was going to need. I think my heart is in a better place to receive and understand it this time.

Mrs. Laura also had a wonderful suggestion. She suggested I read Created To Be His Helpmeet. I think that is a wonderful suggestion! However, I have already read that one. I actually keep it on my nightstand and reread parts of it from time to time. I suggest that book to anybody who will listen to me.

I started reading on Wednesday and have read the first 4 1/2 sections. There are 11 sections total, I think. My goal is to read one section each week day. If I do that, I should finish fairly quickly. There are already several sections that I have marked to reread later. So far, I am really enjoying it. It didn't take long before I was in tears, on my face, begging God for wisdom. But hey, that's a good thing, right? So, thank you ladies for the suggestions. I love you all!

1 Thoughts from friends:

Heather said...

I'm so glad it is a blessing to you...I have to reread it from time to time because as my children grow, different parts pertain to different stages of their growth :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin