Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Mind of Eight Year Old

This past Sunday our pastor preached on Moses and the burning bush. Every time I hear this story mentioned it reminds me of my first day of fourth grade. Each year on the first day of school the teacher would tell us a little bit about herself and then I'm sure we would all take turns telling something about ourselves too. Our teacher introduced herself, told us about her family, and also said that she went to Burning Bush Baptist Church.

Later that evening, my mom was asking us about our day and about our new teachers. I told her my teacher's name and whatever else I could remember, and also that she went to Burnt Leaf Baptist Church. Burnt Leaf, Burning Bush-it was all the same to me.

=)

4 Thoughts from friends:

jesnicole said...

HOW SWEET OF YOU TO SAY THAT. I APPRECIATE IT. YOUR THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME ON MY BLOG. :)

Pam--in America said...

Too funny!

Unknown said...

that's funny

hey pray for me I'm sick and will be out of church for a week. I am on steroids and have to do breathing treatments . Summer always makes my asthma flare up.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Isn't it funny how certain things bring on a host of memories! And what a great memory that one is! I bet it made your mom laugh :)

-Andrea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin