Friday, March 07, 2008

No More Homeschooling in CA?

I just read an article on the Christian Examiner that a judge in California last week ruled that homeschooling in the state was illegal. Scary! Click here to read the article.

3 Thoughts from friends:

Shannon Bolden said...

I feel like that may carry forward to many other states. Not all homeschoolers school. Some take alot of time off. When I worked at the dance studio, the ones that were homeschooled were always late, socially behind and had trouble focusing. Not to say that some do it right. I think it is too easy to do it the wrong way. I considered it when Timothy was little, but the time they are in school gives me time for myself. Not to sound selfish. . . not to mention the fact that my kids listen to others better than they do me!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shannon plus the time that htey get to interact with kids their own age! i also have to looka t myself, I would have hated being homeschooled and not having the opportunities growing up to have friends outside of my family that i made on my own..
Lisa

Liz said...

I know there is always somebody who doesn't do what they should, but I also think homeschooling is a great thing. We intend to homeschool our kids and I for one can't wait.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin