Wednesday, September 12, 2007

~I'm Still Here~

I just realized it's been a week and a half since I last posted anything. Wow! We've been busy trying to unpack (yes, still) and get ready to have a yard sale. We are also enjoying some very nice fall-like weather here. I don't have a lot of interesting news to share since last time, so I'll just share two quick things that have happened.

First, I got a haircut. Not a big deal really, but it was the first haircut I've had since we got here in December. I feel like a brand new woman. My hair had gotten pretty long and was all one length and pretty much just flopped around on my head like an old mop. Now it is shoulder length with lots of layers. I like it a lot and hubby does too.

The next story is just funny...now. Not so much when it happened. I was in the bathroom getting ready to go somewhere and Tyler was in the bedroom playing in the floor. I noticed he had gotten very quiet so I went in to check on him. The little stinker had taken his diaper off, crawled into my suitcase (no, I still haven't unpacked it yet, but for good reason) and went #2 all over everything. As soon as I turned the corner and our eyes met he gave me that I-know-I'm-in-trouble-but-look-how-cute-I-am smile. Little stinker! He better be glad he's cute! :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

7 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Oh, Liz, that is just too funny! I'm still laughing. I'm glad that you can see the humor in it too---now. Are you going to post any pics of your new haircut? It sounds pretty. Hope you have a good yard sale!

Christian Mommy said...

Liz, Liz, Liz...... I am trying SOO hard not to laugh, butI am smiling like crazy!!! Tony did that a few times during the I'm almost 2, I hate having a diaper on phase, except he would leave little gifts in daddy's den. :) Fun times!! Try pullups, harder to navigate down until they get a little older!!!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny. You won't forget that one!

Blessings,
Sue

Liz said...

Pam-I'll try to get hubby to snap a picture of the new 'do tonight. And yes, I'm glad I can see the humor in to too.

CM-I hadn't really thought about pull ups yet. I may have to give that a try. He is forever unlatching his diapers.

Sue-Thanks for stopping by. I certainly hope I don't forget that one. I should write it in his baby book somewhere just in case.

Lula said...

Ewwwww...good thing he is a cutie!

Our church is in Knoxville (North). I am not sure what part of East Tenn you are from, but we are located on Broadway. I think if you go to our site and click Antioch Church at the top you can get more exact directions. I just went there and I think this is the link:

http://www.learnthebible.org/baptist_church_knoxville.htm

Hope to see your new "do" soon. I am hoping to get mine layered soon...my husband loves the length though, and I do too, so I guess I'll keep it at the waist for the time being.

Have a nice day!
Lula

Lula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

LIZ!!! I am sooo glad that I am not the only one with a little stinker who likes to *share* his little gifts. Sorry, I am laughing :) Where's a pic of your hair? :) Love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin