Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Family Visit Recap

My Dad and Step-Mom were here visiting for a few day, which was wonderful! We had such a good time. We didn't do a whole lot because it was soooooooooo cold here, but here's a recap of our excitement.



Friday-Keith had to work so we drove about 35 miles over to a very cute, charming little town called Otterville. I loved that little town and would love to live there if it were just a little closer to base. After exploring there, we drove back to Sedalia and stopped at the Katy Depot which is a restored old train station. It was a beautiful building with lots of history and character.



Saturday-We went to Clinton, Mo and decided we would go in the town museum for a few minutes. Well, those few minutes turned into several hours. I'm not generally a museum gal, but it was interesting even to me. We found out that Cheerios was invented there and also that Aunt Jemima lived there. They had so many interesting things to see there. If you're ever in the area, you should definitely visit!





Sunday-Easter!! It was perfect! Our pastor preached a fantastic message on what the Resurrection means to Christians and the choir put on a cantata. Wonderful!! After church we had a nice meal of ham, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls, and strawberry shortcake. Yummy!



Monday-They left. We were so sad to see them go. :( I love having company. I love being surrounded by family and friends. On the way home from the airport ( which is an hour and a half from here), it snowed! Grrrrr. What happened to spring?



Now we are back to day to day life. I love my life and I'm so thankful for all God has blessed us with. I'm thankful for the time we can spend with family and for the good friends we have. I just wish sometimes the time between visits wasn't so long. But, I know that God uses the times of separation to bring me closer to Him. :)

1 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy but wonderful time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin