Thursday, March 08, 2007

Update from the Show-Me State

I just realized that I haven't actually written much here lately, and what I did write I somehow managed to delete while trying to edit it. :) There's not a whole lot going on here. Spring is starting to peek it's pretty little head out a bit here, as it is in much of the country. I absolutely LOVE the warmer weather. I took Tyler to the state park which is right by the base a couple of days ago. The park itself was a little disappointing, but we still had fun.

House hunting has been temporarily suspended until Keith's work slows down and he tests for his promotion. Speaking of that, he tests on Monday so please, please, please keep him in your prayers. He has really been studying hard this year in spite of all the things that have destracted him (i.e. PCSing, having a baby, being "homeless" for 2 months, taking over a shop when we got here, etc.). I really want this promotion for him. He deserves it!

I'm slowly starting to get settled in here. I still don't really have any friends here yet, but I know that will come in time. Right now I am focusing most of my time on my sweet little baby, my wonderful hubby, fixing up our current house, exploring the area, and spending more time with God.

Today Tyler has decided to take a particularly long nap, which ordinarily I would enjoy, but I need him to wake up so I can go to the grocery store. They are having a one day only sale on meat-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts and tenders for $4!!! I just know they're going to be out by the time I get there. Did I mention that the kid slept from 9:45 last night to 10:45 this morning?? He must be going through yet another growth spurt or something. Keith keeps saying that if he doesn't stop growing soon he's going to be 9 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds. :)

Oh yeah, great news! My Wonderful Daddy (see post below) and my step-mom are coming out here for Easter. I am so excited!!!!! They'll only be here Thursday night through Monday morning, but I have already (in my head) packed every minute with fun things to do. I really, really, really want to take the train down to Jefferson City for the day. I love trains and my dad says he would like to go too. As for Keith, he's not quite as excited about it as I am. Oh well. Hopefully we will have time to do it. If not, some other time.

Well, I think I'm going to have to go forcefully remove my sweet little one from his cozy bed so we can get on the road. I always like to be back by the time Keith gets home from work...and that's less that 2 hours from now!

2 Thoughts from friends:

Heather said...

Awww what a precious baby. Ayden takes a morning nap and afternoon nap :) Isn't it NICE? I love it...Anjolie still takes an afternoon nap and so does Lily for 2 hrs. Brianna was never much of a napper. How did your DH (dearhusband) do on his test? Was there any chicken left? :) Hope you are doing well Liz. Love you-Heather

Liz said...

I love nap time. It seems to be the only time of day I can get anything done. :)

We won't know about his test until June. He feels fairly confident about it, though. When will your DH hear about his WO package?

Yes, I was able to get there in time to snag to bags of chicken!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin