Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update

I spent the last two days in the hospital getting IV fluids and anti-nausea medicines round the clock. I have not been able to keep any food down in over a week and have essentially stopped drinking anything. That, of course, is not good for anybody. On Friday morning my doctor admitted me to the hospital to try to get the vomiting under control. By Saturday evening it was determined that it just wasn't going to happen right now, whether in the hospital or at home. I asked to be sent home and was released a few hours later, with some new prescriptions in hand. If/when I get dehydrated I plan to get some outpatient IV fluid in order to avoid another a hospital stay. I am also scheduled for a gallbladder scan to make sure that is not causing any problems.

Please pray that the sickness would go away soon. I have suffered with hyperemesis gravida with all 3 pregnancies, but it only seems to get more intense with each pregnancy. Right now I feel as though I am barely hanging on. I am praying that this passes quickly, I want so desperately to resume my everyday activities and care of my boys.

In other news, we have begun homeschooling the boys and they really love it. If I am not feeling good one day, the boys ask when we can do school. It is exciting to see them eager to learn! They are both learning so much, and love telling everybody about what they are learning in school. I will try to post some pictures of our school days soon. =)

Well, I think that's about it. Those two things have taken up pretty much all of my time for the past several weeks. Hope to have a good report with my next update.

P.S.-I forgot to add this. I was also told that I have an implantation hemorrhage, which I have been placed on modified bedrest because of. I go in tomorrow for a follow-up ultrasound to see if it is getting any smaller. Please pray that it has decreased in size.

3 Thoughts from friends:

BeeBubbaBella said...

Praying for you sweet friend =) sorry that you have to go through this with each pregnancy =(

Kelly Logan said...

Liz I am so sorry you are sick I have been praying for you. I wish I were there with you guys =(

Kristi said...

Oh, belss your heart! It's difficult to try and home school when you're feeling so poorly. But it's great you home school and can make your own schedule. Praying for you that God will touch your body the way only He can.

~Kristi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin