Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 160 of the Big Remodel

We are finally making some real progress.

Last night Hubby and a man from church installed the new countertop, sink, and faucet. I love it and I can't believe how much better I feel having that done. We got a good deal on the countertops from a local home supply warehouse, which is also where we got our new cabinets. We were going to splurge and get granite, but given the cost and the amount of time we plan to be in the house we decided it wouldn't be cost effective. Granite is not standard in our neighborhood. Even most of the $300k houses that we have toured in this area don't have granite. I like our new laminate; it is the new updated kind.

I love the new sink! *Love* it! It is much wider and deeper than my old "mini-sink". It makes me want to wash dishes. =) Here's a closer look at it and the new faucet.

After much trial and error with the cabinets, we decided to paint them a really pretty white called "Statuesque" from Valspar. Neither of us wanted to paint the cabinets; we both prefer the look of wood. However, we just could not find a way to match the old cabinets and the new cabinets without staining them a really dark mahogany color. It looked almost black. I did like the look in general, and I know that dark cabinets are very in style right now, I thought a whole kitchen full of dark cabinets would make the space seem to dark. Now that the paint is one and almost done, I love it. I have been looking for inspiration pictures all over the net and have found some beautiful kitchens with white cabinets. I'm actually really excited about decorating now. Our walls will be a light blue/gray color called "Lunar Eclipse".
Just a few more finishing touches and some polyurethane on the cabinets and we will be done with the kitchen. I have lots of little projects I'd like to do down the road, but the major renovation upstairs is coming to an end. =)
Now, on to the downstairs...

3 Thoughts from friends:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow! It is looking great! :D Great sink!

Kelly Logan said...

Very Nice =)

Tonya said...

Looking good! I love a sink with lots of space. Renovations are always fun...after they are completed! LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin