Monday, September 21, 2009

Military Monday

All things military related seem to be attacking me at once, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to ramble a little about the happenings at our little BOnP (Base of non-Preference). =)

If you caught my last post, you know that my husband is now eligible to retire. And to answer the $1,000,000 question, no he has no immediate plans of retiring. He was promoted in December of '08 and so in order to retire at his current rank he needs to stay in until at least December '10. For now that is the plan, and he may possibly stay in longer. It just depends on where we are and how the Lord directs.

My BOnP reference earlier was a joke...sort of. To be totally honest, we had no intentions of ever coming here. None. But the Lord had other plans, and we understand that. I have learned to be content here.

In other news--hubby got word yesterday that a deployment is in our not so distant future- this winter sometime. I am in no way thrilled about this, but it has been 7 years since his last real deployment. Yes, 7 years! So while I don't want to sound like I am happy about it, I do understand that it is our turn. I'm sure as the date gets closer, I will probably not have such a positive outlook. I am going to start praying now that the Lord would sustain me and that I will rely fully on Him for strength to get through it. I am not good with deployments at all.

(This little tidbit doesn't really have much to do with the military other than it happened on base.) Tonight as I was driving around the flight line to take hubby his lunch, I ran over not less that 200 frogs...just on the way to his shop. I have never seen so many frogs at once in all my life. They were everywhere! It looked like a plague. There were also several dozen small white snakes in the road. I really have never seen anything like it. Gross!

Well, I guess that ends my ramblings for today. I started writing this around lunch time and it is now after 10:00. I need to get the house in order and get to bed...if I can. Hubby is on nights and I have no one to snuggle with.

5 Thoughts from friends:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear he will be deployed... for how long?

i'll be praying

eww frogs n snakes i woulda been freaking out lol

Tonya said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading your posts.

It had been a while since my hubby deployed too, so I understand what you mean about it "being our turn."

As for the frogs, I would totally be grossed out!

I'll definitely be stopping back by!

Kelly Logan said...

Hey =) I am sadd keith is leaving but excited it will overlap with chris' deployment so we can come for an extended visit =) and eat lots oficecream

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Rachel Smith said...

I prayed for you and your family as you prepare for your hubby's deployment. My family thanks him for his service to keep us free and safe!

I am still grossed out about the frogs and snakes!! YUCKY!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin