Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jackson's Mystery Rash

Jackson has developed some sort of rash all over his tiny little body. I first noticed it last night and then this morning it had spread and gotten more noticeable. After reading about different rashes in children and their causes on the internet last night, my inner hypochondriac came out and I was thoroughly convinced that it was purpura--which is linked to meningitis and leukemia. Needless to say I did not sleep well last night and was awake and on the phone with the pediatric clinic on base first thing this morning.

The clinic was less than reassuring with their medical advice---Benadryl every 6 hours for 48 hours and then they will see him. So today we are home, resting and waiting. Hoping and praying. Loving and kissing. Holding and rocking.

Here are some pictures of the rash. I had a hard time getting pictures of it. He was squirmy and for some reason the rash doesn't look nearly as dramatic in the pictures as it does in person.












And here are two others of him just being cute. I love how cute that pacifier looks in his mouth. He saw it in a drawer and wanted it. It lasted about as long as it took for me to snap the pictures. We are a No Paci house. =)










P.S.- How do y'all like the new floors?

6 Thoughts from friends:

Christine said...

love the floors and the paci. wayyyy too cute. i think its too funny that your inner hypochondriac came out. mine always comes out when i look up stuff online. praying for you :-)

Amy said...

The new floors ROCK! Keep us posted on the rash thing...thanks for checking in on me today. Only about 5.5 weeks to go. Baby H weighs 5 lbs already (had a 4D ultrasound today) and is looking so cute...I can't wait to hold him! Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Trisha,
My boys gets a rash after a fever. Has he had a fever lately? Kiss him for me.
Please pray for Nathan. We have to go to UAB on the 29th. He has an infection in his leg bone(Brodie Abscess Ostoemyelitis) For our Dr. to send us to UAB in Birmingham is a serious thing to us. Please pray and ask your church family to pray for him. Love you...Amelia

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Ugh! Praying for him!
Love the floors! :D

Liz said...

Amelia, I'm so sorry to hear that! He is in our prayers. Please keep me posted. Love you!

samantha said...

Hi Liz,
I came across your blog via Arlene's blog. I just wanted to let you know that my daughter had a rash that looked just like your son's. It turns out that she was having a reaction to the Borax that I had just started adding to the laundry. As soon as I stopped using the Borax the rashes were gone. So, it can be something as little as a reaction to laundry soap, lotion, or shampoo. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better. ~Samantha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin