Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Quick Funny

Where in the world have I been??

We went out of town for a week, and are now trying to recover from sickness and get adjusted to being home again. Hopefully in a few days when I have regained control over the laundry pile and the children, I will have some pictures to share with you from our trip. Until then, I'll leave you with this little tantrum-filled moment we just experienced...

Tyler will be 3 in October. And he still nurses. A lot. He doesn't need the nutrition any more. He eats and drinks when he is hungry or thirsty. Nursing for him is a habit, and it has become a bad one. I am working on weaning him. I have been trying to wean him since he turned one, but obviously not too successfully. So anyway, today he was asking (demanding) for it and I told him no. He immediately began crying. I told him to stop crying and go play or he had to go to his room. His response..."You gimme boo-boo (nurse him) or I call police man on you!" LOL!! I don't know where the kids gets it from. =)

3 Thoughts from friends:

jesnicole said...

Hahahaha. That is hilarious. Hope you get him weaned soon, and that it's not too stressful! :)

Arlene said...

Oh, I just left a comment for you on FB, but I guess I should have just read this first. I didn't know Tyler was still nursing while Jackson was. Caleb is still nursing (he turned 2 in Feb), but it's just before bedtime now. When Nathan gets back, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to drop the last one and be done with it... I think I'm ready to give it up now. I wasn't when he was 18 months, or even when he turned 2 (mainly because Nathan was leaving, and then he started wanting to nurse A LOT again... I guess he took Nathan's departure hard, too). Now, though, I'm feeling more ready, and I think he is, too. Anyway, even if I weren't ready, I'm pretty sure Nathan is, lol, so when he is back and able to help with putting Caleb down to bed, then I think we'll be able to wean him completely.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, my goodness! That is hilarious! LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin