Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finding Our New "Normal"

Our precious baby Jackson is now two weeks old. I can hardly believe it. He is such a sweet and easy-going little guy. He is such a joy to be around! I love his sweet cuddles, his little milky breath, and the fact that his intoxicating baby smell has not washed away in the bath water. Oh how I wish I could just press the pause button and enjoy this time with him a little longer.

Today is our first day at home by ourselves--a day I have been dreading for about a week now. Every time I see a pile of clutter, or crumbs on the floor, or when Tyler decides that he only needs to sleep 5 hours a night; I think to myself "There is no way I can do this!" But you know what, God promises I can do all things through Him. My house won't be spotless, my laundry will not always be caught up, nor will I serve gourmet meals every night. But God has given me bigger priorities-caring for and loving my family-and He will make a way for me to accomplish what is necessary.

Please pray for us as we find our new normal, and adjust to being a family of four. We are truly blessed!

2 Thoughts from friends:

JBBGirl said...

Keeping you in my prayers. Adjusting as a family to change is always a challenge. Soon it will all be 2nd nature to you. Things will catch up with time. Try to take it easy it has only been two weeks. HUGS!
Jess

Laura said...

What got me through??
Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing??
...is like shoveling the sidewalk while its still snowing

You are doing great I am sure! Be a good mom first and foremost. Love those boys!

Laura

Blog Widget by LinkWithin