Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bread Machine Woes

Don't laugh---I just got a bread machine. (Thanks Mom) I know, I know. I must be the last woman on the face of the earth to own one. LOL! Tuesday night I decided to make our first loaf of bread. During the entire 3 hour and 10 minute process I was giddy! Anybody who knows me very well knows that I am very rarely excited, let alone "giddy". But, I was. I couldn't stay away from the thing. I watched all the processes with sheer fascination. At the end of the cycle my house smelled so good. I was so excited to try my creation. And then it happened...

My bread was stuck. Bad stuck. It wasn't coming out. I ended up having to rip it out in several pieces. Sad does not even begin to describe how I felt. I cried. I don't cry.

So dear readers, I ask. What did I do wrong? Was I supposed to spray the bucket with Pam or something? Not enough oil? Or water? The homemaker in me is feeling pretty down. Please help...

5 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

I have owned one for over 3 years and have never used for the very fear of what happened to you. when you find out what went worng let me know so maybe i will venture out into trying to use mine. and wait, YOU were giddy?? not the Lizbef i know..... hmmm
love, me

Pam--in America said...

I'm still trying to imagine you giddy! :)

I've never used a bread machine, so I can't be much help. I would imagine that greasing the bucket would help; I know that I do that with my bread pans before I bake loaves in the oven. Does the manual not tell you anything about it?

Jenny P. said...

Well I am clueless on this subject because sorry Liz I am the last woman on the face of the earth that doesnt have one.
But if you find out let me know so when and if i get one I wont have the same problem.

Kimberly said...

Okay, Liz here it goes...yes, spray your "bucket"' this will help a bit but before you take it out run a spatula or long knife arond the edges, to loosen it. Then shake..if at first it does not come out do the edge loosing again and shake. It is sometime more work to get the bread out than to make it, but it is sooo worth it. Hope this helps...love ya.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

No bread machine here, but I would guess that giving your machine a good spray with Pam would work. I know that I have to spray my bread pans really well when I make bread.

I can imagine you were REALLY sad! I've experienced cooking disappointment like that before - it's horrid!

Let us know how it goes next time!

And can I just say - mom's are the best. How awesome that she thought to buy you a bread machine!

-Andrea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin