Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Week of Firsts

This week has been filled with some "firsts" that quite honestly have been too much for this emotional momma. I usually like to introduce myself to new things by taking baby steps, gradually working my way into new situations. That just didn't happen this week.

For the first time ever I:

-was away from my baby for longer than one hour
--the first time was to decorate a birthday cake for a friend (4 hours)
--the second was yesterday, which we will come to in a minute

-held one baby in my arms while another one was in my belly

-was home without Tyler

-took my baby to a babysitter
--A dear friend offered to watch him while I got some much needed rest. But, it was sooooooo hard to walk away and leave him at somebody else's house. (4 1/2 hours)

So today I am awake early; watching him sleep, listening to him breathe, smelling his sweet baby aroma, enjoying every blessed moment of being his mother.

8 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

Oh, Liz, do I ever remember that feeling of leaving your baby for the first time. My daughter and I were attached at the hip for YEARS! Sometimes a short break is nice; but I always miss them.
Do you have pictures of the cake you decorated?

Unknown said...

Awwww.... I know how hard that is. I remember the first time I left Blayne with a babysitter. IT was heartbreaking I know....

Anonymous said...

the first time i left you was to go to the world,s fair in knoxville in 1982. i cried all day, and the sitter said you did too.
how did tyler do?
love,
mama

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

It is so hard to leave them Every time I leave I feel as though I have left part of my heart behind. I hope you were able to get the rest that you need. I found it much different to being pregnant when I had a child(ren) already rather than with the first one!

I hope you had a wonderful time decorating your friends cake! And that it turned out just how you wanted it to look.

-Andrea

Liz said...

Thanks ladies. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets emotional leaving their baby.

Shannon Bolden said...

Timothy was 3 when he spent the night away from home the first time. I was a wreck, he did fine. Paul was only 1. I had to leave him because daddy was in the trama unit at UT. Again it was hard, he did fine. It is so hard to leave them the first time. It is especially hard on you with the hormonal roller coaster of pregnancy. It was great that you had some "you" time. It will make you a better mother. Time for yourself helps so much, whether it is getting groceries or sleeping. Just remember you are not alone!!!
Love you wilba!!! Shannon

Heather said...

Oh, that is so hard :( it is hard to take a much needed break, but you need to do it...awwwww

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you Happy Valentine's Day and I miss u!!!
Lisa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin