Monday, October 15, 2007

Did You Miss Me??

I'm back! Only physically though. The rest of me is still trying to catch up I'm afraid.

The trip went by so quickly that I barely remember much of it. We did have a very good time. Tyler enjoyed his birthday party and of course all the attention he got. His birthday was pretty emotional for me, much more than I expected it to be. I'm sure most of you moms can relate. I guess it was just knowing that his first year was over. I don't know.

Well, I didn't get to make the cupcakes that I wanted to because Tyler was very sick the first few days we were there. I just ordered cupcakes from the store but I did make him a small cake with the cute little stars on it. He wasn't the least bit interested in it. For those of you who don't know, I have one of the few one year olds who is not the least bit interested in any kind of food. Make being a nursing mom fun sometimes. But, I digress...

We got to visit with the Holding family this time. It was so nice to see them again. They are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Our trip was very short because Keith only took a week and a half leave. It took us 2 days to drive there and 3 to drive back. Why, you may ask yourself, did it take 3 days to drive 11 hours? Well, 'cause a certain wee-little-one absolutely despises his carseat. And Mommy and Daddy's nerves get a little frazzled after about 5 minutes of being cooped up in a car with a baby screaming at the top of his lungs and flailing his appendages so wildly that it almost caused the car to weave into oncoming traffic. So, yeah, we made about 60 bmillion stops along the way. Which by the way, I can now add inside a very small plastic tube in a McDonald's Playland to the list of interesting places I have nursed my baby. I'm not sure which experience was better, that or on the bottom shelf at Wal-Mart with my buggy pulled in front of me. ;-D

We also took an alternate route home this time in order to avoid that one super-dangerous spot in St. Louis where two major interstates suddenly merge into one lane. Some of you may have had the pleasure of experiencing it as well. You know, near the arch, the place where you close your eyes, put the peddle to the metal and hope for the best. But anyway, I'm getting sidetracked again.

Our little back road adventure landed us in Sikeston, MO where there just happens to be a Lambert's cafe. Y'all, if you are ever anywhere near one of these restaurants (there are only 3) you must go. Unless you're one of those who only enjoy filet mignon and caviar. But for the rest of us country bumpkins out there, Lambert's is a must do!

So anyway, here I am. Up to my elbows in laundry and trying to figure out which way is up. We are also having a missions conference this week. We have a tremendous, tremendous preacher Bro. Jim Waymire here through tomorrow. I encourage you to click here to check out some of the messages if you have time. Oh yeah, and my friend is being induced today. Yay for her!

I promise to post pictures very, very soon. I know everyone is anxious to see them.

1 Thoughts from friends:

Pam--in America said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! I'm sorry that Tyler was sick for part of it, and that he made traveling so miserable. :(
I totally know what you're talking about driving through St. Louis....we also try to avoid it at all costs.
LAMBERT'S -- Home of the throwed rolls!! We go to Sikeston every time we're in MO.....how can you be that close and NOT go, right?! Can't wait to see pics!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin