Wednesday, January 17, 2007

MWF Seeks Friendship...

maybe more. Well, just kidding about the maybe more part. The truth is my Christian fellowship meter has been on empty for the past few weeks (okay, months). When we moved back in November, I left my support system behind. I'm not one to rush right out and make new friends either. It takes me a while. Last night as I was about to throw myself a big ole pity-party, I prayed and asked God to give me some comfort from his Word. And, boy, did he! I began reading Romans 8, and when I got to verse 18 ("For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us") it was like a big flashing sign saying Get Over It Girl! How can I get so wrapped up in my own selfish desires that I fail to see all the goodness God gives us everyday? And God has been soooo good to me and my family.

It is so wonderful how literally all you have to do is ask God to give you wisdom, or understanding, or peace and He so freely gives it. Yet, so many times I am guilty of letting pride get in my way and not even asking. I'm really working on that one though.

Anyway, I am still praying that God will send some good Christian ladies my way here in MO. Once I got settled in in Okinawa, I always felt like there was someone there who understood no matter what I was going through. I know the same will come here, too. And if it doesn't, I still have the promise that God will never leave nor forsake us.

23 Thoughts from friends:

Anonymous said...

Okay. . . get it together! I know things will be fine, just give it a little time.

How is the unpacking?

They have now put salt on the roads, I hope it is overkill and that we really do not get any of the white stuff! Paul's field trip was cancelled last week because of the icy roads to Oak Ridge, we are supposed to go tomorrow. We will see, they are saying we have a chance.

I cannot believe how much Tyler has grown. . .he needs to slow down it is happening way too fast.

Take care and we love you!!!
Shannon & the crew

Heather said...

:) Liz, I think we discussed this before...I have the same "trouble". I love your heartfelt posts. I too, had to just get over some nervousness and "ask" the Lord for friends. ok, it took me a year, but that's just me...slow to warm ;) Hey, you know Pam is out there right now visiting family?! Do you have her email address? ((hug)) heather

PS Just know you are not alone girl :) When I feel alone, sometimes it is the Lord wanting to get me to Himself for a while...Praying for you.

Heather said...

Liz, one of my other friends in the states posted something very similar...you should check out her blog..it is Laughs Alot on my blog roll. She is such a sweet dear friend, and she would be encouraged by you. You are such a thoughtful caring friend. ((hug))heather

Liz said...

Heather-I knew that Pam was going on leave, but wasn't sure if she was coming to Missouri or not. I don't have her email address. :( When is she PCSing? I didn't realize she would be leaving so soon.

Anonymous said...

ambien for sale ambien nature music online - generic ambien cr 12.5 mg

Anonymous said...

how to buy valium online valium for generalized anxiety disorder - valium costume

Anonymous said...

ambien pills drug interaction lamictal ambien - ambien cr 6.25mg generic

Anonymous said...

generic valium d-10 blue pill valium - roche 10mg valium price

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam valium dosage - cheap diazepam for sale

Anonymous said...

cheapest ativan ativan 59 - side effects of ativan 1mg

Anonymous said...

order xanax drug used get off xanax - xanax hydrocodone high

Anonymous said...

generic ativan online ativan dosage in elderly - ativan drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy ativan 0.5 mg ativan and alcohol - buy lorazepam without prescriptions

Anonymous said...

online xanax xanax dosage iv - xanax with alcohol high

Anonymous said...

xanax 0.5mg buy 3 mg xanax - what does 1mg xanax look like

Anonymous said...

buy generic ativan feel high ativan - ativan withdrawal tinnitus

Anonymous said...

buy ambien ambien cr 12.5 coupon - buy generic ambien canada

Anonymous said...

buy soma where to buy sumatriptan injections - buy somatropin forum

Anonymous said...

valium generic valium 4mg - valium online store

Anonymous said...

soma without prescription soma medication facts - somanabolic muscle maximizer women

Anonymous said...

valium online pharmacy buy valium without - buy tramadol valium online

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem pictures of generic ambien tablets - buy ambien online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

buy valium online online pharmacy no prescription needed valium - valium side effects ringing ears

Blog Widget by LinkWithin