Wednesday, December 13, 2006

We Made It!

Well, we finally made it here to the great state of Missouri. We are about a week behind schedule getting here due to weather and some family issues. But we're here now. We got here yesterday around noon. Ty did pretty well with the trip, considering he hates riding in his car seat.

There was quite a bit of snow still left over from the big storm a week ago. It has been so long since I've even seen snow. I guess I'll get used to it soon though.

The base seems pretty small and the town outside base is extremely small...not even a red light! And it is way out in the boonies too-38 miles from the interstate. This is even smaller than what I'm used to. I think we'll like it though.

We are planning on going to Calvary Baptist Church here in Knob Noster tonight. We feel like that is where God is leading us. I can't wait to get back into church. Even though we went while we were on leave, it's just not the same as being in a "home" church.

Well, I never thought I would say this but I really do miss Okinawa. Parts of it, that is. I miss my friends, our church, an just feeling settled. Hopefully that will come soon.

My baby is waking up. Gotta run!

1 Thoughts from friends:

Heather said...

((((LIZ)))) I am so glad you found me!!:) I will comment more later...it has been crrrazy here!! :) love-heather

Blog Widget by LinkWithin